Κουμανδαρία, το κρασί θρύλος
Kyriacos D. Papadopoulos
Ravioles with Halloumi Stuffing
Ingredients for making the ravioles:
- Dough, 1lb plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 150-200ml cold water
- 200g Halloumi cheese (grated)
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons dried mint
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl or food processor. Add eggs and enough water to make a soft dough. Turn onto floured board, knead well for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Rest dough for one full hour.
- Mix ingredients for filling, adding mint to taste.
- Divide pastry into four. Roll out into long strips about 3 inches wide.
- Place a teaspoon of filling every 1 ½ inches (4cm) down the strip, slightly to one side of center.
- Brush some water down the edges of the pastry. Fold over to cover the filling and cut crescent shapes around the filling. Seal the pastry edges with the prongs of a fork.
- Cook about 15 raviolis at a time in a large pot of boiling stock or water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon to keep warm.
- When all the raviolis are cooked, pour over the melted butter and sprinkle with grated Halloumi.