Suggested by Mavros Chrysos Carob Co.
½ cup butter
1 cup carob syrup
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
½ cup chopped nuts
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Then melt the butter in a small pan over low heat.
- Add the carob syrup and blend well, remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and gradually add the carob mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well, followed by the vanilla and nuts.
- Pour into a greased square pan and bake at 120º C for 45 minutes or until done.