ÐáñáäïóéáêÜ æõìþìáôá ôçò Êýðñïõ
Thofano D. Kipri and Kalliopi A. Protopapa
Pasta with Halloumi, Arugula and Cherry Tomatoes
Suggested by Pittas Dairies
- 1 pkg (7-10 oz) Halloumi cheese
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pound pasta (penne)
- 3 cups arugula leaves (packed)
- Salt, pepper
- Cut the Halloumi into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut the tomatoes in half. Finely chop the chili pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the Halloumi and stir fry until slightly golden. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet and sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes and chili and cook over low heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta along with the arugula leaves in large pot of boiling salted water until pasta is just tender (about 8 minutes or according to package instructions).
- Drain pasta and arugula and return to pot. Add cooked tomatoes and Halloumi cubes. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.