Grilled Halloumi Sandwich in Pita Bread
Suggested by Pittas Dairies
- 1 pkg (7-10 oz) Halloumi cheese
- 2 pita breads
- 1 small chili pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 black olives, pitted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt, pepper
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Cut the Halloumi cheese into ¼-inch slices. Pat dry on paper towel. Cut each pita bread in half.
- Blend the chili, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and olives in a food processor until smooth. Spread the mixture inside the pitas.
- Grill the Halloumi on a charcoal grill or under the grill in the oven until the cheese is golden brown, about 3 minutes each side.
- Place grilled Halloumi inside the pita halves. Add tomato and onion slices, season slightly with salt and pepper and add the basil leaves. Serve at once.