The Cyprus Wine Guide
Yiannos Constantinou, 2006
Griddled Halloumi Cheese with Beef Tomato
Suggested by Kouroushis Dairies
- 2 packets of halloumi cheese
- 1 large lettuce
- 2tbls olive oil
- 4tbls lemon juice
- 1 bunch of marjoram, chopped
- 4 beef tomatoes, skinned, cored and cut into wedges
- 75g pitted olives
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Cut the halloumi cheese into 16 slices and place on the griddle to cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the lettuce on four serving plates. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and marjoram and season to taste.
- Arrange the halloumi cheese and tomato wedges alternately on the lettuce. Add the olives and spoon over the dressing. Serve immediately while the halloumi is still warm.